Saturday, June 23, 2007

adventures in japartment land

I planned to spend part of the weekend hunting down and eradicating the lone mosquito that has been hiding somewhere in my apartment and taking up shop on my body after I've fallen asleep every night this week. Each morning I've awoken to a few new minuscule but itchy-as-crap flesh wounds which don't mesh well my morning toast feeding (chew scratch chew scratch chew) and dang does that make me cranky.

However, he's not to be found. Occasionally I see him flash before me and I rise and dart my head around and swing my arms and try to create some sort of crazy tornado of Lauren that he can't land on and must buzz away from -- preferably in my view. But he's nowhere.

Anyway oh hey look at that I'm still typing in italics.
Anyway it's been somewhat dark and definitely overcast recently which makes me feel like I should be bundled up and reading somewhere with a bone-warming beverage. It's still hot and muggy though -- so hot and muggy that even when there's a strong breeze the air is too thick to come through the balcony screen and refresh the apartment and that makes my bones feel all melty. I've taken to shutting the glass door and running the air conditioning full on and standing with a cup of tea looking out and pretending it's as cool outside as the fake air within. It appears I'm in for a long summer.

No comments: