Monday, July 23, 2007


Hello my name is Lauren. You may remember me being born in such decades as the 80's.

I thought I would be all freaked out about turning 24 and all but then I received some totally bitchin' packages. Unfortunately the sweaty mail guy delivered them on Saturday -- a full two days before my birthday -- and they were staring me in the face all the live long weekend. Heavens!

I held out long enough to make some tea on Sunday and take my time unpacking the contents in preparation for midnight.

See here's me being trying to be noble about it -- still at the callow age of 23 -- so naive, so unruly! Lord how much I've wised up since 32 hours ago!

Loot, loot, glorious loot!

What an awesome birthday! You may think it might have been lonely sitting there and opening my presents without a friend or family member in sight -- but really I was surrounded by all the care and love from all the people I care about and love. (Plus I started talking to whatever newly-acquired lovely gift I'd just opened as if it were the person or persons who gave it to me -- even made the cards talk by making them flap open and close just like a mouth HAHAHA 24-YEAR OLD LAUREN IN JAPAN IS CRRRAAAZZZYYYY!!!!!) Observe:

Thanks, card!

(But really. Thank you to everyone for making my birthday just as special as it would have been were I back home. I love you all so much and it just proves once again how unbelievably lucky I am. 24! Holy crap!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

dear lauren,

i am sorry to hear that you are 24. that is very old.

love,
betsy

Anonymous said...

Looks like the happiest birthday ever to me! Celebrating in style with all the trimmings in a foreign country - something you will never forget! Love, Mum