Saturday, February 2, 2008

I took my TV out of the closet the other day and hooked it up, wondering if Japanese television had changed since I initially shelved it during my first month in japartment land. It hasn't:



Think of how useful having that giant red conveyor belt could be. Like, you're stuck talking to someone you don't really like and they just keep going on and on about whateverthecrap they're going on about and you give the signal and *whoosh* they're out of there.

And I love that every kind of variety or comedy show (of which there are many -- the same in maintaining their CONSTANT noise level and carnival-like sets) always has like a panel of people watching the show (even if they aren't judges, like in this clip), so not only are you watching the show, you're watching people watch the show. Even a news program I saw at the airport had two hosts, and whenever one was doing an interview or something, there was always a little bubble at the bottom of the screen that was showing the other host's reaction while they weren't even in the room, or totally off-screen, and generally not participating in any other way than you are by watching!

However ridiculously hilarious Japanese TV is, though, I still can't withstand it for more than a few minutes -- I feel that if anything was ever was going make me have a seizure, that would be it. Plus GOD the NOISE. So the set went back in the closet, and I started daydreaming about a panel of Japanese people watching a TV show of my life --- they weren't amused.

No comments: