Thursday, February 7, 2008

I was daydreaming and fell down the motherbleeping stairs.



Actually, I just missed the last step coming down to the ingress of my apartment building as I was thinking of how I wanted to write about the used bookstore that was once catty-cornered to the entrance (they only had a tiny English section, but it was still fun to browse). Daydreaming daydreaming daydreaming and...I was abruptly mid-flail, then violently skidding across the ground, skinning both my knees (I just HAD to wear a skirt today and ruin my new pantyhose GUH) as my purse and all its contents crashed loudly on the dirty, not-quite-cement-but-just-as-hard tile.

Oh yes. I totally, totally biffed it.

As I scrambled up and collected my things/self I saw the black high heel from the foot that hadn't missed the step had remained on the stair above in perfect placement, like someone had been walking and just up and vanished, which I guess is what kind of happened: I vanished from the land where I had pride and didn't have the injuries normally sported by 1st through 3rd graders.

There had been people walking quite a-ways behind me and though I don't think they caught the initial tumble, they definitely saw the shame-infused aftermath, and definitely definitely heard the series of curse words I immediately bellowed post-impact.

I only took a picture of one knee because the other wasn't nearly as dramatic and gooey. I so can't wear my fleece pants tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First let me say that I'm very sorry you fell and hurt your knees and tore your pantyhose.

Second, I laughed outloud at your description and made my co-workers turn and look at me. I then continued to laugh and not explain to them.

In a note related to pantyhose, I put on a pair of thigh-high ones today, and they REFUSE to stay put, they are currently resting on the top of my boots. I shouldn't try to dress nice.

Miss you!
~Stripemail twin Tommy