Sunday, February 3, 2008

It was all rainy and windy and freezing out today -- AGAIN. Now, I love me my rainy days, but this is the third weekend in a row that's been right crappy out and it's making me cantankerous. And though I usually stay confined to the japartment on the weekends anyway, I kind of miss having the choice and declining to go out. Makes me feel powerful.

So instead of walking to the far-away grocery store (there's peanut butter there!) as was my plan before the outside ruined it, I talked to Carl on Skype:


And whilst talking saw a cute pigeon on my balcony:


Normally I hate the pigeons that come to my balcony, but this one just seemed so cozy, hiding out from the bad weather, tucking its little pigeon chin in into its little pigeon chest, and not defecating all over the place. WELL DONE, PIGEON, WELL DONE WITH THE CUTENESS AND NON-DEFECATION.

It did stop raining later in the day, so I bundled up and did that spot of shopping as my cupboard was bare, save for the ten cans of tuna I impulse-bought months ago at Costco that I will probably never open. I always forget that I don't really like tuna. On the way back it started OH YES pouring once more, so I just looked up at the sky, squinted my eyes, and shook my head disapprovingly. It just kept raining. Ah well.

I've dubbed tomorrow "go out and do stuff" day, whether or not it's crap weather or not. YOU SHALL NOT DEFEAT ME, CLOUDS. I was originally going to go to the Chinese consulate to apply for a visa, but I haven't been issued an e-ticket yet by the travel people so I can't. Well, I guess I COULD still go there but...yeah. With the pointlessness and all. Think I'll just head into Tenjin and do a bit of shopping or head to a cafe or some such leisurely business -- mmmyes, mmmyes, I'll be a lady of leisure -- perhaps I shall wear my lace gloves and monocle -- mmmyes.

No comments: