Monday, February 11, 2008

I’ve been hankering for a concert and there’s a show (called “lives” here, which at first I thought was stupid but have since accepted into regular speech, probably because I’m just used to using it by now) tonight in Tenjin but I’m debating whether to go or not. Let’s make Yes Go/No Go lists! Ok!

Yes Go
+I’ve been listening to the Blue Hearts all day, this Japanese punk band from like ’85 – ’95 that are so good and it makes me yearn for more music
+I haven’t been to a live for over two months
+I want to support my friend’s band playing tonight, cause they’re good and fun
+It’s an early show (starting at 7:30) so I could probably catch the last train home and not have to pay for a cab and even though I work tomorrow, I start at like 1:00 p.m. so going out wouldn’t hurt me sleep-wise
+It’s social, and I’ve been anti recently, and change is good

No Go
-I don’t know the style of the other bands playing, and I don’t know if I’m in the mood to suffer through potentially bad music, but eh
-I don’t know where in the lineup the band I want to see is playing, so if they’re last or close to last, it may actually be too late for me to catch the train, and TRIPLE ugh to that
-Cover will be expensive, China has me wiped for yen, and I’ve got two more weeks ‘til payday
-Me and my hair and my clothes and coat will smell like smoke because frickin’ everyone smokes and I hate it – so I’d have to wash my coat by tomorrow (it’s too cold to go without) and blah
-I think I’m hitting the apex of this weird almost-sickness, so my sinuses have taken to draining themselves every couple hours out of nowhere, and I keep getting these slight headaches that go in and out like waves – I don’t think loud music in an enclosed space is going to help that

Hmmm 5 and 5. Whine whine whine. I’m just going to see how it goes and make a decision later, of the split persuasion.

Here's the Blue Hearts SKINNIEST LEGS EVER:

No comments: