Tuesday, November 20, 2007

extra, extra

Today in the International Herald Tribune (big big English-language New York Times-collaborated internationally distributed newspaper long parenthetical explanation) there was an article about Fort Collins! My coworker alerted me and I was excited, until I found out a lot has changed since I left the Fort:

  • apparently, "Renewal is a way of life" is our official motto, and
  • they might start drilling for uranium? Jigga what?
Did those of you living in or near the FC know about all this? I feel like I've been, well, not LIED to, but at the very least strategically kept AWAY from vital information about my town. I really don't know what to say. This is world-changing news! I demand to be kept abreast of this sort of vital information pertaining to FoCo! How COULD you? My head is reeling from the lack of abreastedness!

Just kidding. The article was actually a little boring -- I didn't even get through it. And here's a blurry picture of it taken with my phone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of either of those things. The latest FoCo news I have for you is that they're debating a ban on colored christmas (Excuse me, HOLIDAY) lights so as not to exclude people of other faiths who don't.....

I'm sorry. It was just too boring to finish.