Monday, November 5, 2007

onsen 'n o.j.

Well, I'm back from Beppu (where there are eight, not seven, hells MY BAD). In the past three days I, with my friend Cristina (yes, I have friend here - that's right, friend, singular), have:
  • gotten a screaming good deal on both travel (Y5000 round trip by train!) and accommodations (Y3500 per night - huge bed and bathroom right next to the station!)
  • made up a song about Beppu (Oh-oh Be-ppu/I just wan-na/walk a-round you)
  • taken a sand bath which was alright
  • taken a mud bath which was amazing
  • soaked in an onsen (hot spring) which took whatever shred of modesty the massage incident in Budapest last year may have left behind
  • had a long chat with this guy:

  • stopped being afraid to take Japanese buses
  • regretted not taking my scarf with me all the time
  • visited a mountain of monkeys and
  • found out that while not murdering or burglaring, O.J. Simpson has actually been hawking snacks with his image on them at shops in Beppu:

It was a fantastic weekend with more details and photos to be shared. Later.

2 comments:

b. said...

those oj snacks are amazing! and this thing is not letting me leave comments!

Anonymous said...

Why is that guy's belly button really a weiner?