Saturday, November 17, 2007

I live on the eighth floor and my japartment faces southeastish. Sometimes it's a bit windy because the sea is near, but not it's not usually what one would consider "gusty" or "really frickin' blowin' out there." I can't even tell if the wind is blowing from up here, except when there's this tiniest of breezes in a certain direction -- I don't know what that direction is, but I DO know that it hits SOME area in SOME part of my balcony that makes a sound that could only be imagined to be heard in an old Western with a single saloon and a tumbleweed passing by in the first shot. Upon looking outside, the leaves on the trees below are barely rustling, yet the shrill whistling whooshing highly implies otherwise. It sounds like a typhoon wind SHOULD sound like -- but it's not!

Mostly I just use it as an excuse to pretend it IS crazy windy and horrible out so I can stay in on the weekends. Mostly.

No comments: