Monday, November 26, 2007

I had a very American day.

I went to Costco with some friends and we bought lots of delicious American foodstuffs (got a whole roasted chicken for Y988! That's like $8.50! Fan-clucking-tastic!) Cinnamon-raisin bagels were also on the agenda. And don't forget about the ridiculously large carton of Goldfish for those magical mac 'n cheese meals! Mmmmm so homelandy.

Afterwards we went to a movie in a movie theater! I haven't been to a movie since I left the States because they're crazy expensive at Y1800 a pop ($16) and for some reason it has bothered me enough to keep me away from the gloriousness that is the movie-going experience. However, if you see the last showing of the day, it's only Y1000. So we did and saw The Bourne Ultimatum. I even got that old feeling I used to have when the movie gets to a quiet part and only then do I remember I have my cellphone turned on with a really loud, obnoxious ringer/vibrate combination that will disrupt the whole audience should someone call at that moment, but then digging around in my bag would be equally disruptive, so I'm on edge hoping no one will call until the movie gets loud again and I can turn it off but usually when it gets loud attention is demanded so I forget about the whole cellphone thing until the next quiet part and I get all on edge again. Tear. It'd been too long...

After that we saw some Norwegians. Not really specifically an American happening, but it happened nonetheless.

VIVA LA COSTCO/MOVIES.

No comments: