Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm empty. (Not of emotion, but of energy. Oh, work. Curse you!)

I was thinking about wishes and how mine used to be so specific.

When younger I'd rub my eyes in the bath and an eyelash would come loose and I'd place it carefully on the edge of my pointer finger and think for a moment "I wish so-and-so would pass me a note during such-and-such class this Friday" "I wish I would lose 16.7 pounds" "I wish we would move to a small town in Maine near a lighthouse" and blow whoosh off it went.

Now all my wishes are general and sweeping and eyelashless. I wish for war to end. I wish for equality. I wish for the happiness and good health of my friends and family.

Guess the second set is a better bet, but when did I lose my belief in particulars? Hmm.

I wish for a Neapolitan ice cream sandwich as big as my head.


Hey, never mind, I've still got it!

And the Most Pointless Blog of the Day award goes to: (see above).

No comments: