Friday, November 9, 2007

A few mornings ago I burnt my waffles and when I opened the toaster oven door a bit of smoke came out and a lot of burnt waffle smell followed. I tossed the evidence of my failure and began anew.

After successfully toasting and consuming two other waffles, I took a shower.

I'd turned up my water heater level recently because it's getting colder and I like my showers hot -- like searing, pinking skin hot. And so it was.

But I wasn't quite used to how hot my new water level could go, and turned it up a touch too high. As I shuffled around a bit so the water wasn't scalding one particular patch of skin, I smelled a burning smell and thought "oh God I'm COOKING myself!"

But then I realized it was just from the waffles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's that smell? Burnt Lauren?

Oh...it's just waffles. Damn. I was really in the mood for some toasted Lauren. (But then, who isn't?)